Friday, June 22, 2012

Fat Burning Secrets - Your Weight Is Not That leading

Fat Burning Exercises For Women:

That's definite folks. Your weight is not that important. Your body fat ration is. What is body fat percentage? This is part of the mixture of your body. Your body is composed of muscle and bones etc which makes up your lean body mass. Your body then has fat. The ration of your total mass which is pure fat is called your body fat percentage.

Most habitancy when they start a fat burning weight loss regime tend to merge on a goal weight. They focus on getting to this weight and don't realise that body mixture is much more important.

Your body fat ration is a much better indicator of your health. There are separate recommendations for body fat ration levels, but the following come from the American Council on Exercise.

Women: considerable Fat 10-12%, Athletes 14 - 20%, Fitness 21 - 24%, standard 25 - 31%, At Risk > 31%

Men: considerable Fat 2 - 4%, Athletes 6 - 13%, Fitness 14 - 17%, standard 18 - 25%, At Risk > 25%

An example of how body fat ration is a much better indicator of condition rather than something like Bmi would be "fat skinny" people.

Say I am a woman who weighs 70kg and I am 168cm tall. My Bmi of 24.4 tells me that I am in a general weight range. I then go and part my ration and the ration of my body which is pure fat is 33%. This shows I am well at risk. I have too much fat compared with lean mass on my body and so I am well at risk even though Bmi tells me I am general weight range.

The same can go the other way say I am a male body maker who is 193cm tall and weighs 115kg. Of procedure this weight is muscle! My Bmi would tell me that I am obese and yet when I do my ration testing I have a ration of 8%. This well means I am in the athlete class and not at all obese.

Focusing on body fat ration rather than total mass is a much better choice when setting goals. It is a much better indication on where you are condition wise. The other conjecture is that muscle weighs more than fat and so sometimes when you build more lean mass you will see a gain on the scales which is well good because it means your ration has dropped and you are healthier and leaner. Your muscles just weigh more!


0 comments:

Post a Comment